Puszta is in fact a cocktail!
To try your hand at making this unusual, if rather lethal cocktail, you'll need the following:
20 ml Amaro Averna*
30 ml Absinth
optional extra: slice of avocado
1. Add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with a whole load of ice. Shake well and serve in a small tumbler with a slice of avocado on the side.
*At the Gay Hussar we like to educate as well as serve. Here are some interesting facts about little known Amaro Averna:
- Amaro Averna is an Italian liqeur produced in Caltanissetta, Sicily.
- It is named after its inventor, Salvatore Averna, who invented the recipe is 1868
- Amaro Averna is produced on the island of Sicily and is considered a traditional drink.
- It's 29%
- Taste notes: Averna is sweet, thick and has a gently herbal bitterness.
- Order it from Amazon or any other specialist liquer shop.